Have you considered a career as an Independent Social Worker but feel nervous about leaving the safety net of full-time employed work? WillisPalmer can be of help.
We are the largest independent provider of Independent Social Workers in the UK with a strong reputation based on high quality and standards, an ethical and child-focused approach and excellent, experienced and highly trained professionals on board.
Often, social workers with many years’ experience who are employed full time by a local authority, charity or independent organisation may consider a career in independent social work, but are loathe to jump in with both feet and leave the security that full-time employment offers.
But, for the right candidates, WillisPalmer can help you ‘dip a toe’ into independent work to see if it is for you.
We can provide you with:
- Discussion around the benefits of independent working.
- Offer you a ‘taster’ of independent work whereby you take annual leave or TOIL from your existing job and we commission you with a case to work on independently so you can see first hand what it is like.
- Support and mentoring during your first few cases.
- Coaching and feedback from our case managers and quality assurers.
This type of approach lets you see for yourself whether working independently is for you. Should you go on to work for WillisPalmer, there are further benefits.
- Discounted training from our training and development suite enabling you to hone your skills.
- The backing of a robust quality assurance system, free to you, and ensures that Consultant Social Workers with 30 years’ experience in the field are quality assuring your reports and providing you with constructive feedback.
- Part of a national network of 300 like-minded professionals.
- Guaranteed payment within 42 days of submitting your invoice and you will never have to chase payment.
If you want to give independent social work a trial or work for the leading provider of multi-disciplinary children’s services within the UK and ensure the best outcomes for children, then call us for an initial chat today on 01206 878178 or contact us online.
More children will go into care as a result of the cost-of-living crisis, social workers are predicting.
A survey of social workers carried out by BASW and SWU found that social workers overwhelmingly predicted vulnerable adults could die this winter, that more children would go into care, there will be a spike in domestic violence, [...]
Guidance for journalists on how to report on social work matters has been published by the Social Workers Union.
The guidelines, which were produced after members of the Social Workers Union (SWU) came forward with harrowing stories about the impact of poor media reporting about the profession, are designed to provide more protection for those [...]
Former Children’s Minister Tim Loughton MP has pledged to do everything he can do in Parliament to raise the profile of social workers in a bid to end the unfair portrayal of the profession in the media and in society.Tim Loughton MP
Speaking at a WillisPalmer online Social Work event to celebrate one year since [...]