At WillisPalmer we understand the need for specific, culturally competent practice when working with children and families from diverse cultures. This is why we have established a partnership with AG Family Support, a national provider of culturally competent services for local authorities and other organisations working with families from Eastern and Central Europe.
AGFS founder and Director, Mr Arthur Gajewski, is a qualified Social Worker with eighteen years professional experience in child protection and assessment work and has been an ISW with WillisPalmer for over five years.
WillisPalmer and AGFS have joined forces so that together we can provide a comprehensive and culturally competent assessment and support service to families whose first language is not English.
The term ‘cultural competency’ signifies in-depth knowledge of the culture of origin and language proficiency. AGFS’ team members are highly qualified and experienced professionals, most with at least Bachelors degree level qualifications in social work, psychology, teaching or other allied professions. Others are qualified and accredited interpreters and translators. All have current enhanced DBS checks and are supervised and supported.
AGFS currently specialises in culturally competent service delivery by bi-lingual, native speakers from Poland, Lithuania and Romania. However, it is in the process of expanding, to include other key East and Central European languages, such as Russian, Czech and Slovak.
AGFS offers cultural and language consultancy to support ISW and psychological assessments, as well as a stand-alone resource supporting local authorities in achieving best possible outcomes for children and families at risk.
The WillisPalmer / AGSF partnership offers the following services:
- ISW assessments in the UK and the rest of the world
- Consultancy on liaison with central and local authorities in relevant countries, on agency checks, order transfers and implementation
- Family Support Worker (incl. extended community based assessments, delivery of parenting training/advice, parenting support, monitoring, therapy)
- Contact services for Private and Public Law cases (supervision, handovers, supported contact) AGFS has access to registered contact venues across England and Wales. It seeks to streamline the current Supervisor + Interpreter contact model and use one highly skilled worker to encompass both roles.
- Interpreting and translations, specialising in legal and social care (Polish, Lithuanian, Russian, Romanian, French)
The WP / AGFS model has been forged through our collective passion for helping local authorities and the courts engage families at risk in effective and culturally competent preventative work and in achieving the best possible outcomes for the children involved. Through our two companies we promote inclusion, equality and the spirit of working in partnership.
Contact us now to hear how we can assist you on 01206 878178.